BETHESDA, Maryland—Pebblebrook Hotel Trust published its fifth annual Environmental Sustainability and Social Responsibility Report covering the company’s environmental, social, and governance (ESG) performance and its commitment to environmentally sustainable business practices and social responsibility to its employees and other stakeholders.
Pebblebrook’s 2023 ESG Report is aligned with international reporting standards such as the Global Reporting Initiative and includes disclosures by the Real Estate Sustainability Accounting Standard of the Sustainability Accounting Standards Board. It also demonstrates Pebblebrook’s approach to evaluating and planning for sustainability risks following the guidelines of the Task Force on Climate-Related Financial Disclosure. Additionally, the report shows the company’s progress toward reducing its greenhouse gas emissions intensity by 2030.
The 2023 ESG Report includes:
- 1 Hotel San Francisco recently applied for LEED Gold Certification for Operations and Maintenance;
- A 37 percent reduction in greenhouse gas emission intensity per square foot, compared to the baseline year;
- A 23 percent decrease in energy intensity per square foot;
- A 58 percent reduction in waste intensity per occupied room;
- The implementation of regular maintenance checks for energy and water equipment across all properties;
- The appointment of a Green Ambassador at each hotel;
- The installation of low-flow toilets and other waste-saving measures in 92 percent of properties; and
- The elimination of plastic straws in 84 percent of properties.
- A workforce with 51 percent women employees;
- Ongoing development of the company’s Racial, Equity, and Inclusion Team; and
- Support for over 10 charitable organizations through donations, hotel stays, and employee volunteer efforts.
- A Board of Trustees with 50 percent independent trustees from diverse backgrounds, including 33 percent women independent trustees.
Appeared first on: lodgingmagazine.com